Sunday, April 26, 2015

Interior for Relto

Shorah and howdy!

In what little free time I've had lately, I've been working on an interior area for Relto. It will be accessed through the Relto hut (whenever I finish that; I haven't done any work on it in quite some time). You'll start out with a basic but large room with a few necessities and some decor. However, you can unlock rooms and special items (such as a vampire coffin) by finding the corresponding Relto Pages. An example is shown below (note that nothing is even close to complete yet; I haven't even finished adding ceilings haha).

The "kitchen" area you begin with is just a fireplace with a cooking pot and some decor.


Once you find the Relto Page for the kitchen, the fireplace goes away and is replaced with a door.


The door opens to the kitchen...I won't show detailed images yet because I don't want to spoil it too much, but I may upload some down the road when it's more complete.


There will also be rooms for Enchanting and Alchemy, a master bedroom, an extra bedroom for adopted children etc., and probably some kind of mass storage/display room.

Here is an image from part of the master bedroom:


I'll spoil a little bit more for the Enchanting room; the first image is currently just some decor, the second image is something I'm working on that I might try to make activate-able for some small temporary buffs or somesuch:




And I guess I might as well show the current state of the library area since it will be there by default:


Also a little conceptual update: I will be attempting to add a music player of sorts since Relto in Uru: Ages Beyond Myst had a music player you could add. It will start off with just 3 or so basic songs (I haven't decided yet if I'll use some of the Skyrim bard instrumental music, or if I'll make my own), and I'll add a Relto Page that will replace it with a more advanced music player that has lots of Skyrim music to choose from. I'll probably put one music player in the exterior, and one in the interior location. If I make my own music to put in there, I'll put instructions so that people can easily replace them with their own songs if they wish by simply replacing those sound files with files of identical name and filetype...in theory at least, as I'll have to test to make sure this works.

And as a closing thought that I think needs to be touched on: there is currently a major controversy over the Steam Workshop monetizing mods. I just want to state that Relto for Skyrim will be free, because 1) I never intended to sell it, I am making it for my own fun and for others to have fun; and 2) since a lot of the ideas and names are from Cyan's game Uru: Ages Beyond Myst, it wouldn't be legal for me to make money off of it anyways.

Happy exploring!
Katelin

No comments:

Post a Comment